Just a Sunflower

Wednesday, May 03, 2006

05-03-06

A hate rises in me in angles
That cut the surface just prior to it’s exit
And it is cloaked
Unrecognizable
I don’t know where it comes from
What it looks like
Or why it is there
So I try to poison it with alcohol
Or turn numb to avoid the pain
It doesn’t work
What is unknown is haunting
And I’ve become a ghost in my days


Who is going to cover my weaknesses when they start to appear
Who is going to rescue me from myself when I let my thoughts drown me
Who is my angel that serves to protect and guide


Lost and drowned in the words of others
My voice a faded whisper that no one hears
But do they feel it?
Does it somehow caress past an open mouth
And sneak in through an open pore
The one pore left that hasn’t been closed off
For fear of a fearful world

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home